Tennessee Physician Contract Attorney Analysis
Our physician contract attorneys in Tennessee can review your contract, identify the areas that could improve, and assist you in negotiating the best contract possible.
Each Tennessee physician that requests our assistance receives:
- Available in any state
- Flat-rate pricing with no hidden costs
- Review of your proposed employment agreement
- Phone consultation reviewing the contract term by term
- Follow up with a review of the needed clarifications
Tennessee Physician Career Tips
Being a licensed physician in Tennessee offers numerous opportunities to maximize earnings in your professional career. Here are a few suggestions:
- Consider Rural Opportunities: Tennessee offers the Tennessee State Loan Repayment Program (TSLRP), which provides financial assistance for student loan repayment for physicians who serve in rural and underserved communities. This is a way to not only make a significant difference in areas of need but also effectively increase your overall income by reducing your student loan debt.
- Expand into Telemedicine: Telemedicine is a growing field that allows physicians to reach more patients and potentially increase earnings. The Tennessee Medical Association (TMA) provides information and resources about telemedicine in the state.
- Further Specialization: Pursuing additional training and certifications in high-demand specialties can lead to higher earnings. The University of Tennessee Health Science Center offers a variety of fellowship programs for further specialization.
- Practice Management: Streamlining your practice to be more efficient can lead to increased income. This includes things like ensuring effective billing procedures, efficient use of staff time, and cost-effective procurement of supplies. The TMA also offers resources to help improve practice efficiency.
- Continuing Medical Education (CME): Staying at the forefront of medical knowledge and technology can make you more competitive and potentially lead to higher earnings. Tennessee has numerous resources for CME, including those offered by the Tennessee Department of Health.
- Networking: Joining professional organizations can lead to opportunities and insights that might increase your earnings. The Tennessee Medical Association and the Nashville Academy of Medicine are great places to start.
Remember, the primary goal should always be to provide the best possible care for your patients. Any decisions about furthering your career and increasing your income should also take into account your personal satisfaction and commitment to ethical practice. It can also be beneficial to seek advice from a financial advisor or lawyer with experience in Tennessee’s health care regulations when making significant career decisions.
New residents, attending physicians, doctors entering into their first employment contract, or established physicians looking for new employment can all benefit from a thorough contract review. By employing an experienced attorney for your representation, you can ensure that you will be able to fully understand the extensive and complex wording included in your contract.
By completely understanding the contract, you will be better positioned to decide whether you want to enter into an agreement that will affect your career life for years to come.
Healthcare Law Practice Agreements
The present-day conclusion is simple: A physician should only enter into a contract with the agreement reviewed by legal counsel. There is too much at risk for a physician to take contract matters into their own hands. In addition to the specific professional implications, physician contract terms can significantly impact a physician’s family, lifestyle, and future.
There are many essential contract terms and clauses which can present complex and diverse issues for any physician, including:
- Non-compete clauses
- Inadequate professional liability insurance and tail coverage
- Unfavorable call schedules
- Production Bonuses (RVU, net income, or hybrid structures)
- Not enough paid time off (PTO) or Vacation time
- Biased Termination Provisions (With or Without Cause)
- Continuing Medical Education (CME)
- Dues and Fees
TN Contract Review Services
Additionally, often the most influential terms and clauses in any employment contract are the ones that are not present. A physician must review an employment agreement before signing it due to the advent of productivity-based employment agreements.
We have practical experience drafting and reviewing physician contracts for nearly every specialty.
Physician Contract: Thorough Contract Review
A thorough contract review can benefit new residents, attending physicians, doctors entering their first employment contract, or established physicians looking for new employment. By employing an experienced attorney for your representation, you can ensure that you will be able to fully understand the extensive and complex wording included in your contract.
By fully understanding the contract, you will be better positioned to decide whether you want to enter into an agreement that will affect your career life for years to come.
An independent contractor agreement is a vital part of the modern workplace. For many professionals, including in the healthcare industry, working as an independent contractor can offer several benefits, such as having control over your work schedule and enjoying collaborating with multiple companies.
We also offer physician contract reviews for South Dakota and analysis of medical employment agreements in Texas.
Tennessee Physician Contract Review
Coming into a new organization with a favorable contract can put the physician in a positive financial situation for years to come. Before you sign the most important contract of your life, turn to an experienced Tennessee Physician Contract Attorney for assistance.