Oklahoma Physician Contract Attorney Analysis
Our physician contract attorneys can review your contract, identify the areas that could improve, and assist you in negotiating the best agreement possible.
Each Oklahoma physician that requests our assistance receives:
- Available in any state
- Flat-rate pricing with no hidden costs
- Review of your proposed employment agreement
- Phone consultation reviewing the contract term by term
- Follow up with a review of the needed clarifications
Oklahoma Physician Career Tips
eing a licensed physician in Oklahoma offers many opportunities to maximize earnings in your professional career. Here are a few suggestions:
- Rural Opportunities: Oklahoma offers the Physician Manpower Training Commission (PMTC) which provides financial assistance for loan repayment for those who serve in rural and underserved communities. More information can be found on the PMTC website.
- Expand into Telemedicine: Telemedicine is a growing field in Oklahoma that allows physicians to reach more patients and potentially increase earnings. The Oklahoma State Medical Association (OSMA) provides information about telemedicine in the state on their website.
- Further Specialization: Pursuing additional training and certifications in high-demand specialties can lead to higher earnings. The University of Oklahoma School of Medicine offers a variety of fellowship programs for further specialization.
- Practice Management: Streamlining your practice to be more efficient can lead to increased income. This includes effective billing procedures, efficient use of staff time, and cost-effective procurement of supplies. The OSMA also offers resources to help improve practice efficiency.
- Continuing Medical Education (CME): Staying at the forefront of medical knowledge and technology can make you more competitive and potentially lead to higher earnings. Oklahoma has numerous resources for CME, including those offered by the Oklahoma State Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision.
- Networking: Joining professional organizations can lead to opportunities and insights that might increase your earnings. The Oklahoma State Medical Association and the Oklahoma Academy of Family Physicians are great places to start.
Remember, the primary goal should always be to provide the best possible care for your patients. Any decisions about furthering your career and increasing your income should also take into account your personal satisfaction and commitment to ethical practice.
New residents, attending physicians, and doctors, whether or not members of the AMA, entering into their first employment contract, or established physicians looking for new employment can all benefit from a thorough contract review from a qualified attorney. By getting a lawyer to assist you with this, you will avoid future litigation and other problems.
By employing an experienced attorney for your representation, you can ensure that you will be able to fully understand the extensive and complex wording included in your contract. Contract attorneys know how to navigate these contracts. They know what a professional board would require.
By completely understanding the contract, you will be in a better position to decide whether you want to enter into an agreement that will affect your career life for years to come.
Cities for a lawyer review of a physician contract include:
Healthcare Medical Contract Terms
The present-day conclusion is simple: A physician should only enter into a contract with the agreement reviewed by legal counsel. There is too much at risk for a physician to take contract matters into their own hands. In addition to the specific professional implications, physician contract terms can significantly impact a physician’s family, lifestyle, and future.
There are many essential contract terms and clauses which can present complex and diverse issues for any physician, including:
- Non-compete clauses
- Inadequate professional liability insurance and tail coverage
- Unfavorable call schedules
- Production Bonuses (RVU, net income, or hybrid structures)
- Not enough paid time off (PTO) or Vacation time
- Biased Termination Provisions (With or Without Cause)
- Continuing Medical Education (CME)
- Dues and Fees
Contract Review Services
Additionally, often the most influential terms and clauses in any employment contract are the ones that are not present. A physician must review an employment agreement before signing it due to the advent of productivity-based employment agreements.
We have practical experience drafting and reviewing physician contracts for nearly every specialty.
Physician Contract: Thorough Contract Review
A thorough contract review can benefit new residents, attending physicians, doctors entering their first employment contract, or established physicians looking for new employment. By employing an experienced attorney for your representation, you can ensure that you will be able to fully understand the extensive and complex wording included in your contract.
By having a complete understanding of the contract, you will be in a better position to decide whether you want to enter into the agreement, which will affect your career life for years to come.
An independent contractor agreement is a vital part of the modern workplace. For many professionals, including in the healthcare industry, working as an independent contractor can offer several benefits, such as having control over your work schedule and enjoying collaborating with multiple companies.
Oklahoma Physician Contract Review
Coming into a new organization or hospital in Oklahoma with a favorable contract can put the physician in a positive financial situation for years to come. Contracts contain much misleading information and terminology that an attorney knows how to deal with and points such as clauses that take negotiations. It takes an educated and knowledgeable defense attorney to help you understand physician contracts.
Contacting and hiring a law firm with contract experience and a license-defense attorney is the way to get the help needed. Using an Oklahoma Physician Contract Attorney becomes vital for a physician contract review if an Oklahoma physician wants to ensure an iron-clad contract.