North Dakota Physician Contract Attorney Analysis
Our physician contract attorneys can review your contract, identify the areas that could improve, and assist you in negotiating the best agreement possible.
Each North Dakota physician that requests our assistance receives:
- Available in any state
- Flat-rate pricing with no hidden costs
- Review of your proposed employment agreement
- Phone consultation reviewing the contract term by term
- Follow up with a review of the needed clarifications
North Dakota Physician Career Tips
Being a licensed physician in North Dakota offers numerous opportunities to maximize earnings in your professional career. Here are a few suggestions:
- Consider Rural Opportunities: North Dakota provides the Health Profession Student Loan Repayment Program, which offers financial assistance for those willing to serve in rural and underserved areas. Information can be found on the North Dakota Department of Health’s site.
- Expand into Telemedicine: Telemedicine is a growing field that allows physicians to reach more patients and potentially increase earnings. The North Dakota Medical Association (NDMA) provides information about telemedicine in the state, available on their website.
- Further Specialization: Pursuing additional training and certifications in high-demand specialties can lead to higher earnings. The University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences offers a variety of fellowship programs for further specialization.
- Practice Management: Streamlining your practice to be more efficient can lead to increased income. This includes things like ensuring effective billing procedures, efficient use of staff time, and cost-effective procurement of supplies. The NDMA also offers resources to help improve practice efficiency.
- Continuing Medical Education (CME): Staying at the forefront of medical knowledge and technology can make you more competitive and potentially lead to higher earnings. North Dakota has numerous resources for CME, including those offered by the North Dakota Medical Association.
- Networking: Joining professional organizations can lead to opportunities and insights that might increase your earnings. The North Dakota Medical Association is a great place to start.
New residents, attending physicians, and doctors, whether or not members of the AMA, entering into their first employment contract, or established physicians looking for new employment, can all benefit from a thorough contract review by a qualified attorney. Getting a lawyer to assist you with this will prevent future litigation and other problems.
By employing an experienced attorney for your representation, you can ensure that you will be able to fully understand the extensive and complex wording included in your contract. Contract attorneys know how to navigate these contracts. They know what a professional board would require. By fully understanding the contract, you will be better positioned to decide whether you want to enter into the agreement, affecting your career life for years to come.
Cities for a lawyer review of a physician contract include:
Physicians Employment Agreement Review
The present-day conclusion is simple: A physician should only enter into a contract with the agreement reviewed by legal counsel. There is too much at risk for a physician to take contract matters into their own hands. In addition to the specific professional implications, physician contract terms can significantly impact a physician’s family, lifestyle, and future.
There are many essential contract terms and clauses which can present complex and diverse issues for any physician, including:
- Non-compete clauses
- Inadequate professional liability insurance and tail coverage
- Unfavorable call schedules
- Production Bonuses (RVU, net income, or hybrid structures)
- Not enough paid time off (PTO) or Vacation time
- Biased Termination Provisions (With or Without Cause)
- Continuing Medical Education (CME)
- Dues and Fees
Contract Review Services
Additionally, often the most influential terms and clauses in any employment contract are the ones that are not present. A physician must review an employment agreement before signing it due to the advent of productivity-based employment agreements.
We have practical experience drafting and reviewing physician contracts for nearly every specialty.
Physician Contract: Thorough Contract Review
A thorough contract review can benefit new residents, attending physicians, doctors entering their first employment contract, or established physicians looking for new employment. By employing an experienced attorney for your representation, you can ensure that you will be able to fully understand the extensive and complex wording included in your contract.
By having a complete understanding of the contract, you will be in a better position to decide whether you want to enter into the agreement, which will affect your career life for years to come.
An independent contractor agreement is a vital part of the modern workplace. For many professionals, including in the healthcare industry, working as an independent contractor can offer several benefits, such as having control over your work schedule and enjoying collaborating with multiple companies.
North Dakota Physician Contract Review
Coming into a new organization or hospital in North Dakota with a favorable contract can put the physician in a positive financial situation for years to come. Contracts contain much misleading information and terminology that an attorney knows how to deal with and points such as clauses that take negotiations. It takes an educated and knowledgeable defense attorney to help you understand physician contracts.
Contacting and hiring a law firm with contract experience and a license-defense attorney is the way to get the help needed. Using a North Dakota Physician Contract Attorney becomes vital for a physician contract review if a North Dakota physician wants to ensure an iron-clad contract.