Michigan Physician Contract Attorney Analysis
Our physician contract attorneys can review your contract, identify the areas that could improve, and assist you in negotiating the best agreement possible.
Each Michigan doctor that requests the assistance of an attorney receives:
- Available in any state including Michigan
- Flat-rate pricing with no hidden costs
- Review of your proposed employment agreement
- Phone consultation reviewing the contract term by term
- Follow up with a review of the needed clarifications
Michigan Physician Career Tips
Being a physician in Michigan, you have numerous opportunities to increase your earnings while maintaining a rewarding professional career. Here are a few tips to help you enhance your income in Michigan:
- Further Specialize Your Practice: Specialists usually earn more than general practitioners. If it aligns with your career goals, consider further specializing your medical practice. The University of Michigan offers a wide range of residency and fellowship programs that could allow you to specialize further.
- Join Professional Associations: Joining professional associations such as the Michigan State Medical Society can offer numerous benefits including networking opportunities, continuing education courses, and access to job boards. These can lead to better job opportunities and potential wage increases.
- Maximize Your Billing Practices: Ensuring that you are billing efficiently and effectively is key to maximizing your income. This could include hiring a professional billing service or utilizing up-to-date billing software.
- Work Locum Tenens Assignments: Locum tenens work can be highly lucrative and provides an opportunity to experience different work environments. Many staffing companies like CompHealth provide locum tenens opportunities in Michigan.
- Pursue Loan Repayment Programs: If you’re burdened with student loans, Michigan has several programs that offer loan repayment assistance for healthcare professionals, such as the Michigan State Loan Repayment Program.
- Consider Telemedicine Opportunities: Michigan has several laws in place that require insurance companies to provide coverage for telemedicine services. This can allow you to increase the number of patients you see without significantly increasing your overhead costs.
Always remember to balance your income growth with maintaining a high level of patient care. Furthermore, before making major career or financial decisions, it’s wise to consult with a financial advisor or legal professional who is familiar with the healthcare industry in Michigan.
New residents, attending physicians, and doctors, whether or not members of the AMA, entering into their first employment contract, or established physicians looking for new employment, can all benefit from a thorough contract review by a qualified attorney. Getting a lawyer to assist you with this will prevent future litigation and other problems.
By employing an experienced attorney for your representation, you can ensure that you will be able to fully understand the extensive and complex wording included in your contract. Contract attorneys know how to navigate these contracts. They know what a professional board would require. By fully understanding the contract, you will be better positioned to decide whether you want to enter into the agreement, affecting your career life for years to come.
Cities for a lawyer review of a physician contract include:
Physician Employment Contract Concerns
The present-day conclusion is simple: A Michigan physician should not enter into any medical contract for employment in the Michigan health field without having the contract review done by expert attorneys at a firm where they are familiar with how contracts should be put together.
There is too much at risk for a physician to take contract matters into their own hands. In addition to the specific professional implications, physician contract terms can significantly impact a physician’s family, lifestyle, and future estate.
There are many essential contract terms and clauses which can present complex and diverse issues for any physician, including:
- Non-compete clauses
- Inadequate professional liability insurance and tail coverage
- Unfavorable call schedules
- Production Bonuses (RVU, net income, or hybrid structures)
- Not enough paid time off (PTO) or Vacation time
- Biased Termination Provisions (With or Without Cause)
- Continuing Medical Education (CME)
- Dues and Fees
Contract Review Services
Additionally, often the most influential terms and clauses in any employment contract are the ones that are not present. A physician must review an employment agreement before signing it due to the advent of productivity-based employment agreements.
We have practical experience drafting and reviewing physician contracts for nearly every specialty.
Physician Contract: Thorough Contract Review
A thorough contract review can benefit new residents, attending physicians, doctors entering their first employment contract, or established physicians looking for new employment. By employing an experienced attorney for your representation, you can ensure that you will be able to fully understand the extensive and complex wording included in your contract.
By having a complete understanding of the contract, you will be in a better position to decide whether you want to enter into the agreement, which will affect your career life for years to come.
An independent contractor agreement is a vital part of the modern workplace. For many professionals, including in the healthcare industry, working as an independent contractor can offer several benefits, such as having control over your work schedule and enjoying collaborating with multiple companies.
We also have physician contract reviews for Massachusetts and an analysis of medical employment agreements in Minnesota.
Michigan Physician Contract Review
Coming into a new organization with a favorable contract can put the physician in a positive financial situation for years to come. Before you sign the most important contract of your life, turn to an experienced Michigan Physician Contract Attorney for assistance with physician contract reviews.