Louisiana Physician Contract Attorney Analysis
Our physician contract attorneys can review your contract, identify the areas that could improve, and assist you in negotiating the best agreement possible for your new healthcare employment.
Each Louisiana physician that requests the assistance of an attorney receives:
- Available in any state
- Flat-rate pricing with no hidden costs
- Review of your proposed employment agreement
- Phone consultation reviewing the contract term by term
- Follow up with a review of the needed clarifications
Louisiana Physician Career Tips
Practicing medicine in Louisiana offers a host of opportunities to not only serve a diverse community but also maximize your earning potential as a physician. Here are a few tips and resources that might help you along the way:
- Pursue Specialization: Louisiana, like many states, has high demand for certain medical specialties. Based on the healthcare needs of the population, pursuing a specialization can lead to higher earnings. Resources such as the Louisiana Department of Health provide valuable data about population health trends that can help guide your decisions.
- Serve in a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA): Consider practicing in underserved areas to benefit from financial incentives such as student loan repayment. The Louisiana Primary Care Loan Deferment Program offers loan repayment assistance to eligible professionals who serve in designated shortage areas.
- Stay Up-to-Date with Continuing Education: The Louisiana State Medical Society provides resources for continuous learning and staying up-to-date with the latest in medical practices, technology, and procedures.
- Embrace Telemedicine: Telemedicine is a rapidly growing field that allows you to expand your patient base without necessarily expanding your overhead. The Louisiana Telehealth Access Act regulates this practice and encourages healthcare professionals to adopt telemedicine.
- Negotiate Your Contracts: A well-negotiated contract can significantly impact your earning potential. It’s worth investing in professional legal advice to ensure your contract supports your financial goals.
- Join Physician Networks: Joining networks such as the Louisiana Chapter of the American College of Physicians can provide opportunities for networking, mentorship, and collaboration, potentially leading to higher earning opportunities.
- Consider Medical Directorships or Consulting Roles: Many physicians augment their income through roles that leverage their medical expertise in non-clinical settings. Hospitals, insurance companies, and healthcare consultancies often hire physicians for these roles.
Remember, ultimately the key to a successful and financially rewarding practice is providing excellent patient care. The rest should follow as you build your reputation and patient base in the Louisiana healthcare community.
New residents, attending physicians, and doctors, whether or not members of the AMA, entering into their first employment contract, or established physicians looking for new employment, can all benefit from a thorough contract review by a qualified attorney. Getting a lawyer to assist you with this will prevent future litigation and other problems.
By employing an experienced attorney for your representation, you can ensure that you will be able to fully understand the extensive and complex wording included in your contract. Contract attorneys know how to navigate these contracts. They know what a professional board would require. By fully understanding the contract, you will be better positioned to decide whether you want to enter into the agreement, affecting your career life for years to come.
Cities for a lawyer review of a physician contract include:
Healthcare Practice Concerns for a Business Attorney
The present-day conclusion is simple: A physician should only enter into a contract with the agreement reviewed by a contract attorney. There is too much at risk for a physician to take contract matters into their own hands. In addition to the specific professional implications, physician contract terms can significantly impact a physician’s family, lifestyle, and future estate.
There are many essential contract terms and clauses which can present complex and diverse issues for any physician, including:
- Non-compete clauses
- Inadequate professional liability insurance and tail coverage
- Unfavorable call schedules
- Production Bonuses (RVU, net income, or hybrid structures)
- Not enough paid time off (PTO) or Vacation time
- Biased Termination Provisions (With or Without Cause)
- Continuing Medical Education (CME)
- Dues and Fees
- Dues and Fees
Contract Review Services
Additionally, often the most influential terms and clauses in any employment contract are the ones that are not present. A physician must review an employment agreement before signing it due to the advent of productivity-based employment agreements.
We have practical experience drafting and reviewing physician contracts for nearly every specialty.
Physician Contract: Thorough Contract Review
A thorough contract review can benefit new residents, attending physicians, doctors entering their first employment contract, or established physicians looking for new employment. By employing an experienced attorney for your representation, you can ensure that you will be able to fully understand the extensive and complex wording included in your contract.
By having a complete understanding of the contract, you will be in a better position to decide whether you want to enter into the agreement, which will affect your career life for years to come.
An independent contractor agreement is a vital part of the modern workplace. For many professionals, including in the healthcare industry, working as an independent contractor can offer several benefits, such as having control over your work schedule and enjoying collaborating with multiple companies.
Louisiana Physician Contract Attorney
Coming into a new organization with a favorable contract can put the physician in a positive financial situation for years to come. Before you sign the most important contract of your life, turn to an experienced Louisiana Physician Contract Attorney for assistance with physician contract reviews.